[nos-bbs] mbox fbb 2 errors with FBB

Boudewijn (Bob) Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:26:10 EDT 2016

  > Where did you find this ? Is this in some FBB notes somewhere ?

No FBB notes about this what I could discover but it is in the RFC's of
the IETF
at tools.ietf.org

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1123

  RFC-1123

  Requirements for Internet Hosts -- Application and Support

Section

3.2.7 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1123#section-3.2.7>   Telnet Binary Option ..............................20 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1123#page-20>

  3.2.7  Telnet Binary Option:RFC-856 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc856>

          When the Binary option has been successfully negotiated,
          arbitrary 8-bit characters are allowed.  However, the data
          stream MUST still be scanned for IAC characters, any embedded
          Telnet commands MUST be obeyed, and data bytes equal to IAC
          MUST be doubled.  Other character processing (e.g., replacing
          CR by CR NUL or by CR LF) MUST NOT be done.  In particular,
          there is no end-of-line convention (seeSection 3.3.1 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1123#section-3.3.1>) in
          binary mode.

etc.

Read also RFC-856

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc856

    5 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc856#section-5>. Description of the
    Option

    With the binary transmission option in effect, the receiver should
    interpret characters received from the transmitter which are not
    preceded with IAC as 8 bit binary data, with the exception of IAC
    followed by IAC which stands for the 8 bit binary data with the
    decimal value 255.  IAC followed by an effective TELNET command (plus
    any additional characters required to complete the command) is still
    the command even with the binary transmission option in effect.  IAC
    followed by a character which is not a defined TELNET command has the
    same meaning as IAC followed by NOP, although an IAC followed by an
    undefined command should not normally be sent in this mode.

etc.

73,

Bob VE3TOK