[nos-bbs] JNOS mbox fbb # vs. FBB forward.sys N #

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sun Apr 3 12:58:14 EDT 2016

> 2.0j.7v.  Unfortunately, the proposal logging does not occur unless both
> sides are using FBB forwarding (i.e. mbox fbb > 0).  So I’m going to set one
> machine to mbox fbb 1 and another to mbox fbb 2, both talking to the same
> FBB forwarding partner.  And we’ll see what we see.  More as I learn it …

I'm almost done updating the code such that logging of the non FBB forwarding
(ie, mbox fbb 0) is more user friendly. I agree it is literally non existent,
so I am hoping my additions will be of 'some' help. But the bottom line is
we should really try to get away from the non FBB style forwarding.

It's actually tough to log this, since non FBB forwarding is really nothing
more then an exchange of (SP call at bbs < blah blah), then an OK, or a NO, so
you have then check to make sure it's an actual BBS doing the SP command
and not a connected 'user' to decide how to direct the logging to the
logfile.

Maiko