[nos-bbs] access to the internet..

Ted Gervais ve1drg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:24:03 EDT 2015

Holy Cow....  Wow.

Well when you think you have a backup ready to go just in case things fail
you actually find that it is not easy to move to that new piece of hardware.

I don't have any suggestions as to what might be out of place in your case
Don,  but I bet it is something very simple.
Just keep looking and make sure you have a route statement that covers you
getting out of your application (jnos)  to the outside.
If you can do that things should work.
You say you can work the world from Linux but not from Jnos.  So that is
your clue.  A route statement to go to and go from Jnos is needed.

I will check my system out Don.  See just what you should need. I will get
back to you.

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Don Moore <ve3zda at gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder if anyone has the answer.
> I've had to set up and use my backup machine because the original died
> which was running jnos on Slackware 10.. using tun0 etc.  The backup was or
> has been pretty much cloned except for the operating system from the old
> one.
>
> I'm using Slackware 13.0
> Jnos is up and running using tun0
> I can get to the lan and all the rf ports without a problem but can't get
> any further.  In other words.  As long as I stay within the lan all is well
> but if I try to say telnet to an ampr station I get no where.
> However if I go to the linux side I can get pretty much anywhere.
> This machine has no restriction as I've not set any as yet so would have
> thought everything should work but it does not.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be?
>
> --
> cheers,
> Don
> ​ - ve3zda​