[nos-bbs] access to the internet..

WA8RSA wa8rsa at charter.net
Fri Apr 10 16:06:15 EDT 2015

Hi Don,

I don’t know if this is a help but try

Cat/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_ forward

You should get a 1 and not a 0.

Good luck

73 wa8rsa

Dave

From: nos-bbs-bounces at tapr.org [mailto:nos-bbs-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf Of Don Moore
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2015 8:53 AM
To: TAPR xNOS Mailing List
Subject: [nos-bbs] access to the internet..

I wonder if anyone has the answer.

I've had to set up and use my backup machine because the original died which was running jnos on Slackware 10.. using tun0 etc.  The backup was or has been pretty much cloned except for the operating system from the old one.

I'm using Slackware 13.0

Jnos is up and running using tun0

I can get to the lan and all the rf ports without a problem but can't get any further.  In other words.  As long as I stay within the lan all is well but if I try to say telnet to an ampr station I get no where.

However if I go to the linux side I can get pretty much anywhere.

This machine has no restriction as I've not set any as yet so would have thought everything should work but it does not.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem may be?

--

cheers,
Don

​ - ve3zda​