[nos-bbs] Seriously revisiting B2F and "E" messages ???

Michael E Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Wed Oct 29 15:51:10 EDT 2014

	Questions : Perhaps I should leave B2F undefined in the default
compile.

   	 Any objections to this ?

   	 Then those who truly want to try the RMS/W2LK/Airmail <-> JNOS
thing,
   	 and there are probably very few out there, have the option to
compile
   	 B2F still, all they have to do is make the change in config.h ?

   	 Comments ?

That sounds good to me.

Personally, I see little to no utility in B2F.  Winlink is Internet based.
So there's not a whole lot to gain by being able to connect directly to one
RMS since that RMS still needs to talk to the CMS via the Internet (or use
HF at 300 baud to reach another RMS that has Internet access to a CMS).

Our JNOS users communicate with Winlink users frequently.  But we do it with
regular SMTP.  This also avoids JNOS users have to add the funky "SMTP:"
nonsense into the address.

	Questions : what should we or could we do about this ? Convert to
'P' ? or
      	       do we stop and reject the message as not forwardable ?

Before I can offer a suggestion, I need some info:
a)  What is "X-BBS-Msg-Type: E" intended to indicate?
b)  Why is this a problem?  In other words, is "E" not a valid type?
c)  Is this a problem just for JNOS or more generally for all BBSs
(including FBB, ...)

Michael
N6MEF