[nos-bbs] 32bit vs. 64bit

Wm Lewis thunderft at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 3 00:37:09 EST 2014

Michael:

I'm running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, 64 bit with Raid-1

I did the server (alternate) install, and then added the GUI for a little more ease of use.

I have had some frequent SAMBA panic crashes and restarts. But because it restarts it's not been a problem.

I have reported it to the Ubuntu Launchpad team. Confirmed bug. Looking into a resolution.

If you're not running SAMBA for printers and file sharing, may not be a problem for you.

If you don't wan't to install the GUI afterwards, you could use WEBMIN for server configurations.

In fact, I prefer WEBMIN.

Bill

KG6BAJ