[nos-bbs] Callbook lookup with JNOS and FCC data

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 01:50:10 EST 2014

Times have changed since we first started doing JNOS and running
callbook lookups.   Somewhere I still have the 5 floppy disks for one
of the callbook products.   Today the US and CA data is all available
as a minute or two download and take an insignificant amount of data
on the available disk resources.   This data can currently be used by
Xastir - but has anybody tried it with JNOS?

I just re-enabled Finger-  I'd forgotten how powerful it is.  It
mentions callbook data and that gave me the idea of using the openly
available databases.

Thanks again!!!
73
Bill, WA7NWP