[nos-bbs] 32bit vs. 64bit

Michael E Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Sun Mar 2 20:51:44 EST 2014

Up until now, we've been running 32-bit Ubuntu on our JNOS machines.  I'm
building some new machines and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile to use the
64-bit version instead.

Also, I plan to use the alternate install disk to create RAID-1 mirrored
disks for protection from a disk failure.

So I'm looking to see if anyone out there is running 64-bit linux with JNOS.

Specifically, please let me know if you are using on your JNOS machine:

1)  64-bit Ubuntu

2)  64-bit something other than Ubuntu

3)  software RAID-1 (32-bit or 64-bit) on Ubuntu

Does it work?  Any problems?  Anything to watch out for?

Any other general comments on why 32-bit vs. 64-bit or suggestions on 64-bit
are welcome.

Thanks much,

Michael

N6MEF