[nos-bbs] SNMP MRTG with JNOS

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 19:23:09 EST 2014

> Run the snmp command at the sysop mode or console, that
> will list all port number to port name mappings.

That works...

jnos> snmp
iface #  name
       0 netrom
       1 sl0
       2 vhf
       3 loopback
       4 encap

It's possible
> that port 0 is an interface that is not outputing anything, or
> is not capable of outputing ax25. If port 0 is netrom, and it
> is not active, then you won't see a thing.

That makes sense.   0, 3 and 4 (netrom, loopback and encap) interfaces
don't show any byte counts by ifconfig while 1 and 2 (sl0 and vhf) do.

> Unfortunately I supported just the parameters required for MRTG, I
> did not go anywhere as far as supporting full snmp walks, I was just
> looking at some very basic MRTG stuff.

That's all I'm trying to do here too.  The command and config copied
from the jnos web site are almost working.  I get the error message in
the log and no bytes showing on the graphs.  I'm just wondering if the
example on the web might not be up to date with the config that's
actually working.

Does anybody else on here have MRTG running with JNOS on an older Linux box?

I'll keep digging.   It's just some little thing.

> Maiko

Bill