[nos-bbs] MPS and Ping - good ideas from WL2K

Demetre SV1UY demetre.sv1uy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 17:27:55 EDT 2013

Hi Andre and group,

This is probably because they realise that WINMOR can only work when
HF conditions are very good without QSB, QRM, QRN and MULTIPATH
DISTORTION (i.e. in the laboratory) where WINMOR can work nearly as
fast as PACTOR 2, but it needs more than 3 times the bandwidth of
PACTOR 2.

In the real HF world though WINMOR timesout and fails wherus PACTOR 2,
3 and 4 continue working. This is because HF is full of QRM, QSB, QRN
amd MULTIPATH DISTORTION. Heck even PACTOR 1 is more ROBUST than
WINMOR on HF when you have QRM, QSB, QRN and MULTIPATH DISTORTION.

The guys at WINLINK know this, even the authors of WINMOR know and
admit but not in public!

73 de Demetre SV1UY