[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0j.3 build error with static

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Aug 27 12:53:24 EDT 2013

Just noting, you have a few '?' question marks in your postings, I
assume they are quotation marks.

> I?m not a software developer so I have no idea what all the output
> from make is telling me.

Then why did you change it ?

> presume it?s easy enough to duplicate.

If your linux has static libraries available (like my slackware box
does) then I will never be able to duplicate it. However, many of the
more 'modern' linux no longer have support for static libraries, and
that is why I removed the '-static' a while back.

Has nothing to do with the rsync version, it's compiler options.

Maiko