[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0j.3 build error with static

Michael E. Fox - N6MEF n6mef at mefox.org
Tue Aug 27 12:06:16 EDT 2013

For the past several years, we have always built JNOS with the following
change to the makefile:

Uncomment "DEBUG = -static -g3"

Comment out "DEBUG = -g3"

But with JNNOS 2.0j.3, this causes the build to fail.

The last two lines of the output from make are:

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [jnos] error 1

It is preceded by many lines of ". undefined reference to ."

Putting the DEBUG statements back to normal eliminates this problem.

I'm not a software developer so I have no idea what all the output from make
is telling me.  I can send the output from make if that is desired.  But I
presume it's easy enough to duplicate.

Michael

P.S.  Source was rsync'ed yesterday evening.