[nos-bbs] AXUI mode not showing all incoming UI frames

Michael Curry dgspotman at gmail.com
Mon May 14 01:29:02 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I've recently started playing with the AXUI command for sending and
receiving "unproto" frames. It seems to work great when it comes to sending
what I type, but not quite as great when it comes to displaying the UI
frames that arrive on the AX.25 interface.

I participated in a local packet net this evening, and the only way I was
able to know when the NCS called for my callsign suffix was by running
"tail -f" against the trace file. I did see some of the NCS's UI-frames in
the AXUI session window, but by far not all of them. Comparing what I'm
seeing in the trace output for the AX.25 interface to what I'm seeing in
the AXUI session window, I'd say that the session window is only displaying
20-30% of the UI frames actually received.

I haven't been able to work out what it is that determines whether a
particular received UI frame will or will not show up in the AXUI session
window (although I admit I only spent about half an hour eyeballing the
trace file, haven't done any kind of exhaustive analysis of all the frames
it contains, and haven't dug into the code of axui.c).

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this kind of behavior, and/or
would have a plausible theory about what's going on.

Thanks,

Michael, KI6TYV
--
This cat is pushing a watermelon out of a lake. Your argument is invalid.