[nos-bbs] update - mrtg documentation and my system graphs

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu May 3 16:00:57 EDT 2012

If anyone is curious,

   My new graphs -> http://www.langelaar.net/mrtg/jnos

I've update the SNMP documentation after playing around with the graphs
a bit more lately. The 'logscale' option is something that you guys might
really like. Don't know why it took me so long to notice this one. Other
features like embedding text into the PNG files themselves, and so on.

The logscale option creates graphs which are logarithmically scaled.

That keeps network spikes from dominating the graph, allowing the usual
and regular data to remain the focal point. You still get the full values
of the spikes, but they don't rescale the graphs like without the option.

The latest version of JNOS has a NEW 'snmp' console command which gives
you all the interface offsets you need to configure your mrtg.cfg file.

The old way was to run 'ifconfig' at the console and count entries :(

The direct link to the documentation page is as follows :

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/practical

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM