[nos-bbs] Soundmodem compile fail (try this instead)

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:59:20 EDT 2012

Progress of sorts to report...   After a brief but futile attempt to
compile the  JNOS TUN.c module on my old 6.06 Ubunutu Linux box I
finally remembered the earlier technique using SLattach to create a
SLIP interface.   That worked out of the box once I found an old code
snipped so my JNOS system is finally on the local LAN...

> Chris wrote:
> As far as using JNOS to attach to AGWPE or UZ7HO.  I am getting some
> mangled looking packets.  Any suggestions as to what is going on here?

The JPG Chris provided had:

  2:Fm KQ6UP-10 to WA6TJQ-8 <SABM P>
  1:Fm UP-6 to -6 via U8KQ6U*,,,-5<RR R0 >

I had to run to work so I didn't see if any of the incoming traffic on
20 meters would show up in the JNOS trace session and heard screen.  I
did try "transmitting" on the connection.

I tried:   C HF N7ZIO   (from WA7NWP-10)

I saw trace packets on the UZ7HO screen similar to Chris.  I'll have
more detail once I'm home from work in about 3 hours.   At the same
time I'll be turning on the AGWPE emulator in the BPQ32 system and
have a second interface as an additional data point.

How could I go this long without a JNOS system on the air?

73
Bill - WA7NWP