[nos-bbs] JNOS version numbers

Chris Maness chris at chrismaness.com
Mon Mar 19 18:27:14 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:18 PM, Chris <kc2rgw at gmail.com> wrote:
> Generally
>
> 2.0.x where the x increments for bug fixes 2.0.1 2.0.2 etc
>
> 2.x where you add new features 2.1 2.2 etc
>
> x where you do a 'full release' whatever that means, maybe a rewrite or overhaul
>
> 3.0
>
> Or the bit more convoluted
>
> 2.0.1-x  for bug fixes 2.0.1-1  2.0.1-2 etc
>
> Those are fairly mainstream.
>
> Some sort of indicator is handy for those who leave the build trees
> lying around.

I have only dabbled in programing, but when I did I was careful to
make sure my version numbers indicated any change to the source.  It
was simply a note to self so that I could remember where I left off.

Another cool feature TNOS had was the TNOS learning center.  Is that
code portable?

Is it possible for JNOS to use the /dev/dsp (sound device) directly to
do some HF Packet modes (like winmor).  That would awesome.  I want to
play with HF packet with JNOS, but I have not the bucks for an HF TNC
or the desire to mess with AGWPE on an old windows 98 install.

It is too bad the Tomas Sailor stuff seems to be a bit on the stale
side for Linux.  It looks like no development has occurred for a
while.

73's de KQ6UP