[nos-bbs] NNTP and JNOS

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:16:26 EST 2012

> After reading the JNOS documents about NNTP, I think I understand that
> NNTP has nothing to do with FBB bulletins.  Is this correct?  I had
> always assumed that the NNTP server allowed you to read bulls with an
> NNTP client, as that would be an easier way to respond to a bulletin.

The new BPQ32MAILCHAT system has, I believe, handled the legacy BBS
bulletins as NNTP traffic for the clients from the beginning.   Folks
using standard readers  like Outlook or Thunderbird find it very
convenient.

Which reminds me that as I bring back my JNOS box that it would be a
good concept to work on from the beginning...  One NNTP tree for
bulletins, another for mirroring Email reflectors like this and a
final one for local newsgroups..

73
Bill - WA7NWP