[nos-bbs] jnos2 forwarding problem...

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Sat Jan 1 19:34:07 EST 2011

Hi and HNY to all...

I'm trying to get forwarding going with kd6oat with whom I have an axip
link. The link works fine. Forwarding to other entities seem to work OK.
All the bulletins I have to send to 'slcoat' are in my
'bulls' area. He has only one area and that is 'bulls'.

This is what I see when I start a forward cycle to oat from the jnos
prompt:

jnos>
jnos> mbox kick kd6oat
fwd: kd6oat, script done
jnos> mbox: fwd started
fwd: kd6oat - checking for messages
fwd: starting kd6oat (bulls,#1)

That's it -- nothing more until I hit <CR> and then the jnos
prompt reappears.
This is what the log shows of the above session:

15:44:09  - fwd: starting kd6oat (bulls,#1)
15:44:09  - MBOX (kd6oat) connected
15:44:09  - MBOX (kd6oat) fwd exit
root at basement:~/jnosass/logs#
This the oat's portion of my forward file:
--------
kd6oat
#ax25 utah kd6oat
netrom slcoat
.c kd6oat
fwd_kd6oat
bulls
---------------------

There are over 100 bulletins in my 'bulls' area. It looks like the
forward cycle is going to start with msg#1.

Could this be a permissions problem on the far end?
What else can I check?

BTW, I can't see any of the session on the F9 screen. It just flies by
too fast. Looking at the times in the log, I can see that I do connect,
and get booted out very quickly. I can't see any error messages,
although there may be some.

Thanks for any insight on this...
Jerome
ve7ass/va7vv