[nos-bbs] JNOS TTY console - No Visual

George [ham] VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Mon Feb 7 15:54:20 EST 2011

OK Bill, good results.

On 02/07/2011 01:46 PM, Wm Lewis wrote:
> Bob:
>
> I did your experiment, and did use tty2 and tty3
>
> On the first attempt, it worked with no errors.
> On tty3 the output showed like this:
>
> "root at linux <mailto:root at linux>:~# foobar"
>
> Notice that on this output, it includes the command promt.
YES -- it tells me you did not follow my directions.
tty3 was in use by root user at the time of the test and tty3 was not
unused.

Oh well -- it makes little difference in the overall result this time.

> >>SNIP<<
>
> So, both tests are completed.
>
> What did they tell you?
Tells me that there is nothing wrong with the redirection request of:
"2>&1".
Focus on taking the redirection specification off of the exec statement
is a red herring.

SO -- did you try substituting the startnos file I sent for the one in use?
What result?

> Bill
If you follow Maiko's lead and look at the site he suggested, I'll wager
the problem is related to the startnos script.  You might look into what
the error condition "2" signifies also, it might narrow your focus.

Best of luck.
Skip