[nos-bbs] Linux/NOS assistance.

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 17:04:37 EST 2011

Hi All,

I'm new to the list and I'm just starting out (again) on the jnos path.
I did have jnos running many years ago (mid 90's I think), but it's been
so long, you may as well assume I know nothing.

My goal is a PMS system suitable for Emcomm use.  It seems to be much
more suited to the task than anything else.

I'm running on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS here and plan to do to:

a) set up a 'hub'/aggregation point in Ireland.  It will be hosted in a
data centre in work, from here I'd like to get an AXIP tunnel (maybe
more than one) out to other countries  (no RF ports). It could also act
as a BBS and anything else useful.

b) set up my own jnos installation on my home machine.  I've got several
ports already in use using linux kernel ax25 sockets, so I'd like to use
those as is.  I happen to have a few static IP's that aren't in use, so
you might comment if I could bridge the Jnos installation onto my local
lan segment and give it a separate, externally accessible IP.

Any thoughts or assistance appreciated (or indeed pointers to a page
answering my questions).

Regards
John
EI7IG