[nos-bbs] sigh ... xnet IP routing (internal, not via ports)

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Tue Dec 20 13:13:46 EST 2011

I am running Xnet on the same machine as my JNOS, the ip address
that the Xnet process binds to is the IP address of the machine.

>From JNOS i can telnet to Xnet and I can see that Xnet is receivintg
the packets (since JNOS knows how to route to Xnet). Problem is that
Xnet is not able to route back to JNOS (the route to JNOS is via the
tun interface on that machine, it's not on same lan as Xnet).

All I see is IPR, but it's routing uses ports, there is no *internal*
way to do this with Xnet ? It's been a long time since I played with
this stuff. I vaguely recall I had to resort to a slip connection :(

Maiko