[nos-bbs] please remind me of JNOS features asked for in the past ...

Jay Nugent jjn at nuge.com
Mon Dec 26 10:18:23 EST 2011

Greetings,

On Mon, 26 Dec 2011, Don Moore wrote:

> I'd like to be able to see the core size when I type ms at the jnos prompt when logging in remotely.
> I gives me an indication on my system as to how close I am to jnos crashing.

    Agreed.  I monitor every hour, through some automated tools, each and
every major node throughout the Michigan AMPRnet.  The CORE size in the
report is necessary and needs to be monitored closely for all those nodes
running on DOS.  Those nodes running on Linux typically only report a
couple K of space, but I *know* that they grab whatever amount of RAM they
need as they need it, so the CORE is less important on those nodes.  But
it makes the monitoring FAR easier if the format of the "Finger
MSTAT at node_name" is consistant across all nodes.

       --- Jay  WB8TKL
           o Michigan AMPRnet IP Address Coordinator
           o Chair, ARRL Michigan Section "Digital Radio Group" (DRG)

         () ascii ribbon campaign in
         /\ support of plain text e-mail

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest
reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a
last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"--
Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
| Jay Nugent   jjn at nuge.com    (734)484-5105    (734)649-0850/Cell       |
|   Nugent Telecommunications  [www.nuge.com]                            |
|   Internet Consulting/Linux SysAdmin/Engineering & Design/ISP Reseller |
| ISP Monitoring [www.ispmonitor.org] ISP & Modem Performance Monitoring |
| Web-Pegasus    [www.webpegasus.com] Web Hosting/DNS Hosting/Shell Accts|