[nos-bbs] FW: smtp gateway options

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 15:53:07 EST 2011

Michael,

I'm only for two options.

old behaviour

new behaviour - all messages are forwarded to smtp gateway.
This is the same default behaviour in linux/unix MTA's like postfix,
exim, etc. when a mail relay is setup in the config of these servers.

You three options makes it too complex and is also unnecessary in
practice. (in my opinion)

With other words,  "smtp gateway nonlocal" of your proposal isn't
necessary.

domain.txt and dns look up go hand in hand. The domain text is the
cache for the dns.

Not in the domain.txt or an expired entry automatically triggers a
domain lookup.

73,

Bob VE3TOK