[nos-bbs] agwpe/flexnet interfaces, JNOS for Windows, and so on ..

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:34:44 EST 2011

Alan,

I run RMS GW in linux with Xnet, fbb, linux node.
There is no need to run RMS in windows when you have already a linux machine.
Just download rmsgw for linux from:

The serial port to your tnc (kiss interface) is attached in linux, let say that shows up
as ax0

You attach a pseudo tty in jnos (for instance: ttys8)

"net2kiss" is used to connect the other side to "ax0"
(net2kiss converts a network ax25 driver to a kiss stream on a pseudo tty)

net2kiss -i ax0 /dev/ptys8

With entries in ax25d.conf (ax25d daemon ) users can access RMS GW or
the linux node and they also can access jnos as usual.

You connect jnos also to another kiss interface what is attached to the kernel.
With that users can also access RMS from within jnos.

The ax25 utilities have to be installed for all of this.

73,

Bob VE3TOK