[nos-bbs] agwpe/flexnet interfaces, JNOS for Windows, and so on ..

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Dec 8 10:56:36 EST 2011

Hey Bob,

This get interesting now. I'm glad you brought this up.

> You attach a pseudo tty in jnos (for instance: ttys8)
>
> "net2kiss" is used to connect the other side to "ax0"
> (net2kiss converts a network ax25 driver to a kiss stream on a pseudo tty)
>
> net2kiss -i ax0 /dev/ptys8

In theory, one could try the following. I've actually had another user
do this with some success. The baycom interface I wrote for JNOS attaches
directly to a kernel device (bypassing need for net2kiss and pseudo tty).

Try 'attach baycom vhf 256 ax0', I don't see why it would not work.

Don't let the 'baycom' word fool you. The code essentially replaces the
need for net2kiss and such. It attaches direct to kernel *kiss* interface.

I would go that route, if there are problems, let me know, and I'll fix.

Maiko