[nos-bbs] Bulletins Issue - Additional

Raymond Quinn w6ray at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 5 08:03:54 EST 2011

Original Message:

I am running JNOS 2.0i on CentOS Linux 5.7.

I have noticed recently, probably after simply adding an area to my
"rewrite" file; Every message, whether from forwarded bulletins, local
messages, private messages, and even emails are placed in the
/jnos/spool/mqueue directory as, for example, 12345.txt along with the
accompanying *.lck and *.wrk files. No additions to the
/jnos/spool/mail/area.txt files since 30 Nov 11, according to file time
stamps.

I have looked through my rewrite file for any anomalies and can find
nothing. What, if anything, should I look for?

Additional information:

I tested by sending an email from my client to a user on the BBS and the
message file is there as "user.txt" and I can read it. However, I logged
into the BBS and sent a message to the same user and the message was not
added to the file. JNOS did state that the message was queued. The message
shows up as 14022.txt in the mqueue directory.The bulletins that are being
forwarded to me are still ending up in this directory.

Another question: How can I get the messages that are in the mqueue
directory into the proper format, or into the BBS?

73 de Ray Quinn W6RAY
Visalia, CA DM06
SJVBBS