[nos-bbs] Jnos 2.0i+ "headless" install issue

Joe Erlewein joe at n8ouz.org
Wed Apr 13 11:14:09 EDT 2011

Greetings all,
I'm working on getting Jnos 2.0i+ running stably on a linux machine.
My issue is that it keeps dumping core with the PANIC: LOST KEYBOARD message.

It does restart, but I'd like it not to bail and restart each time the tty it runs on gets sent a resize or refresh message.

So far, all I can tell is that this is somehow related to the tty's geometry.
Since there's no honest "daemon" mode, I opted to run it in a 'screen' session that I could detach and then reattach.

Problem: on re-attach, the geometry, even if not changing, gets "touched" and Jnos seems to hate that.

What are others doing to run Jnos on headless, access-less stations? I'm starting to think that my attempt in running it under 'screen' is going to prove problematic and ultimately futile. :)

Thanks-
-jre