[nos-bbs] Minimal local mail forwarding setup?

Michael Curry dgspotman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 12:38:55 EDT 2011

Following up: Success! Local mail is now forwarding.

I did as Maiko suggested, and apparently (boiling it down to essentials) the
solution required only :

1) in autoexec.nos:
----------
ip address 192.168.<my-subnet>.<my-host>
hostname k1bbs
-----------
(and no "domain suffix" line in autoexec.nos)

2) in domain.txt (sole item, no loopback/localhost entry):
k1bbs.  99999  IN  A  192.168.<my-subnet>.<my-host>

That was it: no rewrite file, no default SMTP gateway, no TUN device...

In fact, the -e startup flag raised an error on the "attach tun tun0 1500 0"
line in autoexec.nos, so I guess my (borrowed) Ubuntu box doesn't include
TUN support. I commented out all the TUN-related configuration, brought up
JNOS, kicked SMTP, and the forwarding went through.

Thanks, all, for the time and attention!

73, Michael KI6TYV