[nos-bbs] Wow - try this instead of net2kiss or kissattach !!!

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Sep 16 22:35:18 EDT 2010

Now here is something VERY interesting !

If anyone is interested, try this and let me know how it goes. I just
realized that the 'attach baycom' code I wrote a while ago is really
nothing more than an 'attach anything_to_kiss_kernel_interface' ...

What if you were to take the KISS ax.25 kernel network interface,
like what you pass to the 'kissattach' or 'net2kiss' programs. What
would would happen if you followed the blurb I wrote below instead
of using the kissattach or net2kiss :

   http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/baycom.html

But instead of using 'bcsf0' as the kernel interface, use the particular
kernel ax.25 network interface instead. I suspect it will work. If I am
not mistaken, kissattach is similar to net2kiss (or vice versa - I don't
remember which is which). I'm very curious if this would work for you,
in which case maybe I should rename it to 'attach kernel_kiss' :)

I just had a user try it out (KB8OJH) and voila, it seems to work !!!

> Hah!  You are absolutely right, my friend -- worked like a charm.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM