[nos-bbs] Never mind, was (Dynamic Gateways in jnos2.0h limited to two under Slackware 10.1?)

Jim Smith lanshark at charter.net
Fri Oct 8 20:45:06 EDT 2010

  On 10/8/2010 11:47 AM, Jim Smith wrote:
>  I was working on moving the jnos process from DOS to Linux. I'm using
> Slackware 10.1 and jnos 2.0h (not the 25 day timer patch version).
>
> Things were going fine until I tried adding encap routes with domain
> names instead of ip addresses. I can only enter 2 routes before I
> trigger the warning on line 51 of rtdyngw.c.

> This does not occur in DOS, but does on Linux. Is anyone else seeing
> this?
>
> Cheers!
>
> Jim N8AVX

I figured it out.

After much digging and reading of .c and .h files, I figured it had to
be some sort of parameter passed to JNOS when it was started. JNOS
doesn't seem to have one of those "this is how you can call me" outputs
if you do jnos -h or something like that.

Anyway, I used the installer that Maiko wrote, and in there is a file
called startnos. If you use that, the -R parameter is what sets the
number of dynamic routing entries allowed.

Yes, it is in the docs. Yes, I looked in there as soon as I figured it
was a command line argument and found it.

Jim N8AVX