[nos-bbs] ubuntu 9.1 compiles OK now, but...

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 12:18:07 EST 2010

> Normally I don't need to see the jnos console remotely (Except for test
> purposes and in that way
> is the program "screen" very handy)

> Bob VE3TOK

My use is about the opposite.   If I was usually within sight of the
console for a system running JNOS I'd want it displayed on one of the
virtual TTY displays.  However, I'm almost always running remote so
the capability of SCREEN to view JNOS from anywhere (on the net) and
even to access it at multiple locations at the same time is very
handy.   What I've never done and I think it's time as it'll be
extremely handy is to launch the screen session and associated tasks -
such as JNOS - automatically at boot time.

Maybe todays the day to figure out once again why my com port
handshaking won't allow sending out packets and get the box on the
air.

73
Bill - WA7NWP