[nos-bbs] Console vs Screen - maybe it's time for a console application

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Sat Nov 27 15:35:14 EST 2010

With all the latest (interesting) discussion on console and screen ...

Perhaps it's time to write a console app to deal with that. Now if it
was written in Java it could be both a browser app and/or xterm app. It
would have to have the exact same look and feel as if it was the console
as we know it today (with virtual terminals, function keys, etc).

I also just read an interesting article about the up and coming HTML5 and
this new 'canvas' HTML tag, wondering what the future for browser plugins
is going to bring us. Sigh ...

>> It is better to run jnos in a virtual tty because in that way
>> the process re-spawns (restarts) automatically when it crashes or is
>> out of memory.
>
> But does that give you any way to access it remotely beyond the system
> prompt of a bbs login?   With a screen session the JNOS console is
> available any time you have local or SSH access.
>
>> Bob VE3TOK
>
> Bill

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM