[nos-bbs] Jnos2 - Tun0 not working

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 14:56:21 EST 2010

Tun works out of the box with Ubuntu no need to recompile the kernel

Tun is brought up from within the autoexec.nos

see http://www.langelaar.net/projects/jnos2/documents/tuncfg.txt

#
attach tun tun0 1500 0
#
ifconfig tun0 ipaddress 192.168.1.131
ifconfig tun0 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig tun0 mtu 1500
#
# sleep a second to make sure TUN driver is up
pause 1
#
# note, NOS creates the TUN device, so NOS needs to do a postconfig
shell ifconfig tun0 192.168.1.130 pointopoint 192.168.1.131 mtu 1500 up

>  Second, I'm running Ubuntu in the GUI mode but would like to be able to
>  select either the GUI or Command line at boot time. How to do this?

See

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions#Text Mode
<https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BootOptions#Text%20Mode>

Most likely you also need the old legacy devices pty/tty who are missing
from /dev  in Ubuntu  nowadays.

You can enable them with a boot option from grub
  see one of the older messages at this list.

73,

Bob VE3TOK