[nos-bbs] Jnos2 - Tun0 not working

jerome schatten romers at shaw.ca
Wed Nov 17 12:04:34 EST 2010

Ubuntu 10.1 on a Celeron 2.8 Ghz; 512M memory; Linux 2.63.31-21.

Jnos version: 2.0c5b. and everything I've tried is working fine but Tun0
(so far).

Long time back, this very version was working on a Slackware 10.0 system
and Tun0 was working too. Seems to me that I had to recompile the kernel
with 'slip' support in order to get Tun0 to go (I only dimly remember
this).

So.. how to get Tun0 to go with Ubuntu is my first question -- do I need
to recompile this kernel?

Second, I'm running Ubuntu in the GUI mode but would like to be able to
select either the GUI or Command line at boot time. How to do this?

TIA for any suggestions,
Jerome - VA7VV
Vancouver