[nos-bbs] Jnos crashes.

Maiko Langelaar maiko at pcs.mb.ca
Thu Jun 17 23:08:43 EDT 2010

Hi Don,

> *** GLIBC Detected ***  ./Jnos : Corrupted double-linked list

This means I am probably releasing memory that has already been
released somewhere else in the software. Is it consistent, and is
the JNOS software doing anything in particular when this happens ?

There is a work around that MIGHT work, try the following :

  BEFORE you run your JNOS, set the environment variable MALLOC_CHECK_
   (note the trailing underscore character) to the value 0 (zero).

   For csh/tcsh, use :

     setenv MALLOC_CHECK_ 0

   or for sh, use :

     MALLOC_CHECK_=0
     export MALLOC_CHECK_

   or for ksh/bash, use :

     export MALLOC_CHECK_=0

See if that rids you of the errors. I still need to figure out why this
is happening, but for now this may get rid of the problem.

Please send me (offlist) the results of the following commands :

    uname -a

and

    cat /proc/cpuinfo

Thank you and regards,