[nos-bbs] Personal mail exchange between JNOS and FBB

Miroslav Skoric skoric at uns.ac.rs
Wed Aug 18 14:56:28 EDT 2010

Hi all!

I have been experimenting with exchanging packet mails between two
computers in a home LAN. The first one is JNOS 2.0f (8088) on DOS and
the other one is FBB on Windows:

             _____________                ____________________
VHF        |MS DOS 5 comp|              |MS Windows 2000 comp|
TRX--TNC2--|  JNOS2.0f   | --- LAN ---  | BPQ32, WinFBB7.00i |-- I'net
ant         -------------                --------------------
               YT7MPB-1              YT7MPB-3 (BPQ32), YT7MPB-4 (FBB)

Between YT7MPB-1 and YT7MPB-3 there is an AXIP tunnel and it works
without problems, so both JNOS and FBB mailboxes are capable to initiate
forwarding cycles. Until now, everything goes fine with exchanging
bulletins (both directions) but somehow JNOS does not offer to forward
any personal mail from its side.

For example, if I want to send a private mail to the sysop of YT7MPB-4
(that is FBB machine), I do that from the bbs console of JNOS machine:

sp sysop at yt7mpb-4
To: yt7mpb
Subject:
test
Enter message.  End with /EX or ...
this is test
/ex
Send(N=no)? y
Msg queued
Area: ...

- or if I want to post it to all sysops -

sp sysop at ww
To: sysop
Subject:
test
Enter message.  End with /EX or ...
this is test
/ex
Send(N=no)? y
Msg queued
Area: ...

However, in the next forwarding cycle, initiated by JNOS, only the
bulletins are offered to FBB (a view from 'All channels' window):

[PORT 1 (BPQ) -  1 - YT7MPB-1] 20:10 Connect
[FBB-7.00i-AB1FHMRX$]
Running c_filter.dll ...
{PROTUS-4.0}
YT7MPB Mailbox, QTH JN95WF.
(1) YT7MPB BBS >
[JNOS-2.0f-BFHIM$]
FA B OK0NAG EU SOLAR G8KOK0NAG00X 7876
FA B OK0NAG EU SOLAR E8KOK0NAG00O 8670

FS --
FF
FA B G8MNY WW TECH 59730_GB7CIP 13128
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1720-LW1DSE 12229
FA B CX2SA WW FBBLOG 13848_CX2SA 12897
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1734-LW1DSE 13697
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1736-LW1DSE 13697

FS -----
FF
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1735-LW1DSE 14136
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1739-LW1DSE 13923
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1746-LW1DSE 13507
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1722-LW1DSE 14600
FA B G4ROA WW WXSAT BA0148G4ROA 16988

FS -----
FF
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1744-LW1DSE 16943
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1745-LW1DSE 16574
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1711-LW1DSE 18182
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1741-LW1DSE 17657
FA B G8MNY WW TECH 59776_GB7CIP 18872

FS -----
FF
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1716-LW1DSE 18733
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1743-LW1DSE 20157
FA B LW1DSE WW TECH 1738-LW1DSE 20762

FS ---
FF
FQ

[PORT 1 (BPQ) -  1 - YT7MPB-1] 20:18 Disconnect

So, there are no "SP" personal mails from above to be offered. (Btw, as
you can see, even those bulletins are not needed at FBB anymore because
they actually had been forwarded by FBB to JNOS in some previous cycles
or so, but it is not an issue at the moment).

In the next forwarding attempt, this time initiated by FBB:

[PORT 1 (BPQ) -  7 - SWITCH-0] 20:23 Connect
C YT7MPB-1
R3:YT7MPB-3} Connected to YT7MPB-1
[JNOS-2.0f-BFHIM$]
You have 8 messages  -  6 new.
Area: yt7mpb (#3) >
[FBB-7.00i-ABFHM$]
FF
FQ

[PORT 1 (BPQ) -  7 - YT7MPB-1] 20:24 Disconnect

So, once again there are no personal mails to be offered by JNOS.

Here you have my JNOS files:

(AREAS):

eu	-	bulletins @EU
ww	-	bulletins @WW

(REWRITE):

*%*@yt7mpb* $1@$2 r
sysop yt7mpb		<-- mail for local JNOS sysop
sysop at yt7mpb* yt7mpb	<-- mail for FBB's sysop
sysop@* sysop		<-- mail for other sysops
*@eu eu			<-- bulls EU
*@ww ww			<-- bulls WW
* fwd			<-- everything else

(FORWARD.BBS):

----------------
yt7mpb-4 0023
ax25 fwd yt7mpb-4	('fwd' is the forwarding AXIP port)
yt7mpb	<--
sysop	<--
eu	<-- 5 areas to be forwarded
ww	<--
fwd	<--

Any suggestion? Errors in the files above? Something else?

Regards,

Misko YT7MPB