[nos-bbs] an error number 22

George [ham] VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Sat Aug 21 17:46:20 EDT 2010

Hi.

I'm working with my neighbor to attach a second asc port on Linux ttyS1.
With ssh, I can access most stuff, but not the sysop console.
So -- I can't actually see some of the detail...:-(

The new port appears in the BBS port list, and no errors appear during
start-up.
When I try a BBS connect on the new port, it times out .. that's proper.
When he tries a sysop connect, it responds [in part] "normal errno 22".
The error is verbally passed to me -- I've not seen the entire
response...:-(.

Neither he nor I can find any reference to normal errno 22 anywhere we
looked.
Source code, google, jnos docs, ...
So I am turning to the user group to identify what may have failed here.

Who can tell us what "22" failure is?

THANKS!
Skip