[nos-bbs] Node software

Kerry Smith n3nxo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 22:22:01 EDT 2010

I've actually got the nodes themselves, running pure RF.
The computer has an ethernet port, some of the computers are
plugged into a network, but that is for sneaking into the node
to make small changes, or major, without eating up bandwidth
on the RF side.  After all, packet is only 1200 Baud Rate,
or atleast that's what i'm running here.  Now, the one node
has NO Ethernet connected, and any changes or modes to that
one requires logging in, and making changes.  Anything perminate
needs a new autoexec.nos file uploaded, the a remote reboot
unless I feel like driving up to the mountain site.

These nodes are actually running netrom with bpq between
themselves, and RIP for the ip traffic.  Still building out
the system, but so far, it's looking pretty sturdy.

Kerry - n3nxo