[nos-bbs] Potential Timer Issue in JNOS (3rd try- sorry)

George [ham] VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Sun Aug 1 18:10:36 EDT 2010

Hey FiSH, remember the ol' radio drama saying something like "...and the
worm turns" with great emphasis?

On 08/01/2010 12:11 AM, fish810 wrote:
> Skip,
> Thanks for confirming what I and others have seen.
In chatting with my AMPRnet neighbor I find more than broadcast is broken.
The NET/ROM link is broken -- I show up under ##temp sometimes and
absent at other times.
My uplink into the CONVerse bridge is broken -- I'm missing from the
remote list of links.
I use the AT command to do daily house-keeping -- broken too.

All of this began on July 26 as far as I know, the same time the BC stopped.

The chance that it will all start up again 25 days after 7/26 is
something I'm not willing to wait for.
So I re-booted jnos and we will see if everything repairs itself.
IF all this fixes after the boot, I will remain quiet, but if something
remains broken I'll be back with the news...:-)

73
Skip