[nos-bbs] JNOS and B2F - 2B or not 2B - opinions anyone ?

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Fri May 8 03:40:23 EDT 2009

There is no need for B2F if Winlink/RMS is not used so I should leave it
undefined
Forwarding a lot with the standard FBB protocols.

New stuff is always OK, We are hams after all

Official releases

Be aware that jnos2f4 In Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid (kernel  2.6.27-11)
consumes 95 % CPU resources during
ax25 forwarding when the start options are used and the terminal freezes
because
of that. (It is Ok without ax25 forwarding)

Without any startup options it runs smoothly  and CPU consumption is
normal so I run jnos2f4 without any
startup options.

Ubuntu 9.10 Jaunty

Guess what..

jnos2f4 consumes 95 % CPU resources again during forwarding this is even
without any startup options
so the trick doesn't work with jaunty. This is with kernel 2.6.27-11
It happens when there is stuff in the mqueue directory, so processing,
filtering and storing it in the areas I guess.
CPU consumption returns to normal as soon as the mqueue is empty.
Didn't test it with the new kernel 2.6.28-11 as yet as they decided to
switch off the old legacy character devices
in the supplied kernel so I have to compile a new kernel again.

73,

Bob VE3TOK