[nos-bbs] FLDigi uses same port as MultiPSK

Hal IamW8MCH at verizon.net
Sat Jun 13 07:25:12 EDT 2009

On 06-12, James French wrote:
> For those who want to use FLDIGI on linux, it uses the same port as
> Multipsk does.
>
> Heres an excerpt from the fldigi --help file output:
>
> Usage:
> fldigi [option...]
>
> fldigi options:
>

>   --arq-server-address HOSTNAME
>     Set the ARQ TCP server address
>     The default is: 127.0.0.1
>
>   --arq-server-port PORT
>     Set the ARQ TCP server port
>     The default is: 3122
>
> I haven't tried it yet and don't have enough knowledge to implement it
> yet. I was looking at the help files to see if FLDigi would work or not
> since it is used with PSKMail for HF usage under a Puppy Linux distro.
>
> James W8ISS

	Greetings OM; just my $0.02 worth:

	FLDigi is one of those programs that, when you get it up and
running, you can't understand how you got along without it.. IMHO of
course. HI..

	W1HKJ.com has a binary for Ubuntu types and it can be compiled
for others.. I use it, exclusively, with Slackware 12.1, after a small
amount of tweeking.. It works flawlessly with PSKMail as it's modem..

	The linuxham group at yahoogroups is quite active with help,
etc..
--

        Vy 73 de Hal--W8MCH    UNIX-GNU/Linux - Slackware 11.0, 2.4.33.3
.