[nos-bbs] SMTP Gateway

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 13:40:26 EDT 2009

>  Then I ran into all the
> problems Robert detailed below.  The smtp trace command was very helpful in
> debugging.  By making sure that my jnos hostname resolves in public DNSs and
> then connecting to a friend's private SMTP server, I am able to gateway mail
> out the jnos box.
>
> There was earlier email about using stunnel to connect to pop3 and smtp
> servers.  I haven't been able to install those services via xinetd yet to
> test that out.

All of these issues with Email, SMTP and SPAM is why I'm a fan of
moving the complexity of modern Email from JNOS to either a local
linux system, or better yet, let some web service like Gmail handle it
for us.

Hmm.  Maybe it is time to take another look at our amateur VPN - aka 44Net...

73
Bill WA7NWP