[nos-bbs] Email FROM wl2k

Bill V WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 10:32:58 EDT 2009

I finally remembered and then got around to testing the pulling of
Email FROM wl2k with JNOS.  Verdict is mixed.   Yes - I successfully
received an incoming all users message.   The low level issues I'm
having sending TOO wl2k didn't appear and the basic message exchange
worked fine.

The problem was that the incoming message had multiple recipients of
which one was my call-SSID.   JNOS picked one of the others and
delivered it to a local mailbox.   So next step is to look at the
details of that message, see why JNOS picked the address it did, and
figure out how to get the 'right' one from the list.

WL2K has done some very clever packet message handling work.  Used the
hardware layer AX25 SSID as part of the actual message address was NOT
one of those clever things.  Sigh.

73
Bill - WA7NWP