[nos-bbs] JNOS Setup

Adam Liette aliette at embarqmail.com
Wed Jan 28 00:03:49 EST 2009

Hello, all. I'm relatively new to JNOS, and look forward to figuring out yet
another puzzle. I'm attempting to run JNOS 1.11e on FreeDOS. My AX25
connection seems to work well with the TNC, however, I'm unable to use my
Ethernet/DSL connection. I do have the NIC driver, and a packet driver
loaded. I am able to access the web in Arachne with my current
configuration. I've also tried the attach command, and ifconfig shows the
right ip, netmask, and gateway, although I realize it attempts to use what
I've set it to for these values.

My question is, do I need a seperate TCP/IP stack? Or is it part of JNOS? Is
there a way I can use a dynamic or "auto search" for my ethernet settings? I
am not able to ping another machine from the DOS prompt either.

Thanks and 73!

Adam, N8YD
Ansonia, OH