[nos-bbs] JNOS on Cygwin

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:48:56 EST 2009

Has anybody tried JNOS on Cygwin?

In the endless juggling of computers, os's and radios, I'm finding the
current setup is of a WinXP box on my desk next to a KAM and 2 meter
radio.

I was using APRSDOS here but that's a bit limiting and I plan to
install it on the old old laptop as my 'forever' powered Just-In-Case
aprs station.

Next easiest software to get running there is Airmail.  That's handy
to tweaking the local winlink AP's but rather boring to let sit as the
sole application.   Next step is getting Xastir going on Cygwin again.
  Xastir is cool but that's limited to APRS.

So this all got me thinking about how to get JNOS into this setup.  I
could put it on the Ubuntu VM on that machine but I'm moving away from
using that VM and would like to see how the BPQ32 system is working.
Thus JNOS is the packet and APRS client that comes to mind.   And if
it's a JNOS Cygwin application, it shouldn't be subject to all the
limitations of the Windows JNOS.

Thanks,
Bill - WA7NWP