[nos-bbs] JNOS setup

Skip VerDuin k8rra at ameritech.net
Sun Feb 1 08:41:50 EST 2009

You have gotten some good thoughts from your posts Adam.

Adam Liette wrote:
> Hello, all. I did take the suggestion a while ago, and installed Fedora Core
> 6 Linux, as that's what I have onhand and have a little experience with.
On your choice of OS, FC6 should work ok for you, but it is no longer a
supported version.  Please continue with 6, but at some point consider
downloading the FC10 install media.  If there is a way to make a
broadband connection, using the network install is quite effective.
I've tried a few OS varieties, including DSL that seem to work -- all
have a few minor idiosyncrasies.

> I've been searching for documents or archived postings that might help, but
> just find text on basic "on the air" operations, and the advantages/features
> of JNOS. Needing more of "Can't do this? Then try...."

Try jnoswiki.no-ip.org just for fun.  You might find the "text" search
in the upper-right corner to your liking in doing your research?  In any
case -- let me know...

> Thanks for any advice!

BEST OF HAMMING to ya.     73