[nos-bbs] JNOS 2.0G Install

James French w8iss at amsat.org
Wed Aug 12 21:12:20 EDT 2009

John,

As for your comment about compiling under Ubuntu 8.04, there are issues
with the compiler on a amd64 version that doen't happen under a 32bit
under Ubuntu 8.04.distro. I don't remember the issues off hand, but I
went back to the installer version of JNOS2.0f and it runs.

As for the installer, what directory do you have it under and does it
have 'root' access privileges?

Here's what I do to get mine running correctly:
1) open another tty login - I normally use tty4 (control-alt-F3)
2) login as root
3) cd to the directory I have it installed in - (cd /jnos)
4) run this command -   ./jnos
and it runs. I don't use the './jnos -d /jnos' command as it does not
change to the correct directory and run the autoexec.nos file.

Hope this helps.

James W8ISS
=====