[nos-bbs] JNOS forwarding to WL2K

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 21:50:39 EDT 2009

>> I think my problem is that wl2k isn't happy with the alias, REDBBS,
>> I'm using for JNOS forwarding.  I could check the source but I'll be
>> lazy and ask here -- don't we have a 'per connection' option to change
>> the call used for BBS forwarding?

I checked the source.  I see in the ax25 forwarding of FORWARD.BBS we have:

BBS
C BBS [VIA] [digi1 digi2 ...]
AREAS

VIA is optional and skipped.

While it's a bit down the call stack to the function that strips the
VIA and handles the digi's, maybe we could extend the design a bit
like this:

BBS
C BBS [ AS outgoing-call ] [VIA] [digi1 ...]
areas

Not only would this solve my Tactical call issue but it would be
useful with WL2K where they have the (@#$@! silly) scheme of using the
SSID as part of the actual email address.  Right now to get a complete
poll of vl2k email I'd have to check both my wa7nwp and wa7nwp-4
addresses.  Not a big problem manually with airmail but it would be
nice to do it in JNOS.

I'll play more tonight and try tweaking the code if I get a chance -
home around 9 makes for a long day and cuts into the JNOS time.

73
Bill - WA7NWP