[nos-bbs] JNOS forwarding to WL2K

Bob Tenty bobtenty at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 22:58:37 EDT 2009

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wrote:
> I think my problem is that wl2k isn't happy with the alias, REDBBS,
> I'm using for JNOS forwarding.  I could check the source but I'll be
> lazy and ask here -- don't we have a 'per connection' option to change
> the call used for BBS forwarding?

It is better to use a real call for forwarding.

A way to check mail for my other call signs is to telnet to jnos from my
script
and login with one of my other call signs and connect from there to
rms/wl2k.

>> Had problems  with dumping mail from jnos in the rms wl2k box so I have to
>> research that part further.
>>

> At one time I was stymied by the non-conventional, for packet, wl2k
> command of  "sp smtp:xyz at gmail.com" instead of the basic "s
> xyz at mail.com" we're used to.  I've since learned that's apparently a
> Microsoft twist on the Email delivery mecanism..   We may have to
> adopt that convention to get messaging working.

I guess it is to stay compatible with some of the wl2k clients out there.
Luckily the addition 'smtp' is not necessary for local mail.