[nos-bbs] JNOS forwarding to WL2K

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 21:20:16 EDT 2009

After having some luck today with an AXUDP forwarding connection, I
tried again to access the Linux RMS wl2k system.

> I could only retrieve mail from rms with jnos over an ax25 link
> so I did see the BBS ID string.

I think my problem is that wl2k isn't happy with the alias, REDBBS,
I'm using for JNOS forwarding.  I could check the source but I'll be
lazy and ask here -- don't we have a 'per connection' option to change
the call used for BBS forwarding?

> Had problems  with dumping mail from jnos in the rms wl2k box so I have to
> research that part further.

At one time I was stymied by the non-conventional, for packet, wl2k
command of  "sp smtp:xyz at gmail.com" instead of the basic "s
xyz at mail.com" we're used to.  I've since learned that's apparently a
Microsoft twist on the Email delivery mecanism..   We may have to
adopt that convention to get messaging working.

> This was with jnos 2f4

I'm using 2c4 - I guess I better make sure I'm using the latest dos version.

Onward!

Bill - WA7NWP